What is the .qbb file extension?
The .qbb file extension is associated with QuickBooks, a business accounting software from Intuit, Inc. The .qbb files are commonly referred to as QuickBooks backup files and are used for backing up and restoring financial data created by QuickBooks. The .qbb files store complete backups of financial data, logos, letters, images, and templates.
How to restore a QuickBooks file
As mentioned above, .qbb files are used for restoring original data. While .qbb files denote QuickBooks backup files, the restored file has a .qbw (QuickBooks Master File) file extension.
To restore a QuickBooks file, perform the steps illustrated below:
- Open QuickBooks, click the File menu, and then select Open or Restore Company.
- In the Open Company: Type dialog box, select the Restore a backup copy (.QBB) option, and then click Next.
- In the next screen, select the Local Backup option and then click the Next button.
- Next, browse to the location where your QuickBooks file is located. Select the .qbb file and click the Open button.
- In the Restore Backup: To Location dialog box, click the Next button.
- In the next screen, select the location where you want to save your restored file (the restored file will have .qbw file extension).
- Type the filename of the restored file and click Save. If prompted for a username and password, provide the necessary details.
The restore process begins as you the save the restored (.qbw) file and the required data is displayed on the screen.
Name of the program that can open a .qbw file
- Intuit QuickBooks
How to resolve file type errors that may occur when you try to open certain file types
Resolving file type errors is easy, you can use a file extension repair tool to fix and open files with which you are getting the irritating file type error.