Purpose of .ipd (Interactive Pager Backup) files
The .ipd file extension files, designed by Research in Motion Limited are backup files that are used by BlackBerry phone devices to create data backups to a computer.
The .ipd file can contain different types of data, including your address book details, SMS messages, and e-mails.
Which programs can open ipd files?
You can successfully open .ipd files with the following programs:
- For Windows, use Research in Motion BlackBerry Desktop Manager to open .ipd files.
- For Mac OS, use Research in Motion PocketMac for Blackberry to open .ipd files.
How to convert .ipd files into PDF formats
To convert .ipd files into PDF or other formats, such as HTML, XLS, CHM, MDB, RTF, DOC, TXT, or HLP format you may use the ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter.
How to transfer emails from one BlackBerry Smart phone to another?
To do this, perform the following simple steps:
- Connect your Smart phone from which you want to transfer data to your computer.
- Next, run BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select Backup/Restore.
- Now, click Advanced, click email option, and then backup your email.
- Disconnect the BlackBerry Smart phone after you have successfully created a backup.
- Next, connect the device to which you wish to transfer your emails.
- Repeat step 2 and then restore emails from the .ipd file that was created on your BlackBerry Smart phone. If you receive a file type error when you try to open a .ipd file, then you may use a reliable file repair program to fix the issue and then access the file.
Note: When you backup your email, a file with .ipd extension will be created.