What is the .pab file extension?
Files with the .pab extension are Personal Address Book files in the Microsoft Exchange Server application. The names of the two most popular Microsoft Exchange Server applications that use the .pab extension are ? Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express.
.pab extension files are address book files that store personal and organizational contacts. Outlook stores .pab files separately from other Outlook data. You can also add a .pab file to your email profile. It is also possible to manually add additional address book information to .pab files.
Steps to identify the .pab file that your email profile uses ?
- Start Microsoft Outlook, click the Tools menu, and then click E-mail Accounts.
- Next, under the Directory tab, click View or change existing directories or address books.
- Click Next.
- Under?You can choose a directory or address book below to change or remove it, click?Personal Address Book.
- Next, click Change.
- Take note of the path listed in the Path box of your PAB file. This provides the location where your PAB (personal address book) is located.
- Click OK and then click Finish.
What is the default location of .pab files?
By default, the Personal Address Book is located in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
Note: Here C: is understood to be the drive where Windows is installed.
Steps to convert your PAB to a contacts folder ?
- Open Microsoft Outlook, click File, and then click Import and Export.
- Next, under Choose an action to perform, click Import from another program or file.
- Click Next.
- Under Select destination folder, click Contacts, and then click Finish.
How to open .pab files
If you use Windows, you can open .pab files using:
- Microsoft Outlook Express
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Exchange
If you use a Mac OS, you can open .pab files using:
- Microsoft Entourage
In case you are facing difficulties in opening a .pab file, you may seek the services of the FileCure tool. This is an excellent file extension repair tool that allows you to fix corrupt files and then open them. You can also open different files even if the supported program is not installed on your computer.