What is the .pl file extension?
The .pl file extension is associated with 3 different software ? Perl, Prolog and BRL-CAD. Perl and Prolog use the .pl extension extensively to save the source code while BR-CAD uses them to save images in 2D and 3D image plots.
Let?s have a look at the uses of the .pl file extension in detail ?
The .pl file extension is seen rarely on web pages as they are usually served as .cgi files. Although Perl is not inserted into static web pages, they can be clubbed with CGI libraries to generate specialized functions. Over the years Perl is also used for ?
- Network programming
- Design? GUI?s
- Web development
- Bio informatics
It is a powerful logic programming language that is used widely in the field of Artificial Intelligence. It is a declarative language where the logic is determined on relations and is represented by facts and specified rules. The files created using this language are stored in the .pl file extension format. Even though this was one to the first logic programs designed, it still is one of the most popular software used today and GUI variants of this software are also available.
BRL-CAD is a powerful open source software used to create solid modeling computer aided design. 2D and 3D image plots are stored in the vector image format and carry the .pl file extension. Files with the .pl file extension are converted into .png files using the converter software present in BRL-CAD.
What are the different kinds of software used to open the .pl file extension?
The .pl file extension format can be viewed using ?
- Text Editors ? Any text editor can open file with the .pl file extension. Some of them are:
- Microsoft Word
- Perl Editors ? There are a variety of Perl editors available both paid and free. Some of them are listed below:
- IndigoStar PerlEdit
- Strawberry Perl
- ActiveState ActivePerl
- Prolog Software ? Files which are created with Prolog can be edited and viewed using:
- PDC Visual Prolog
- Strawberry Prolog
- Files created with BRL-CAD can be opened and viewed with any CAD programs like AutoCAD, picture editor programs like Photoshop and BRL- CAD.
- FileCure can also help in opening files with the .pl file extension. It is a powerful software which is also used to fix file extension errors.