The .qpw file format – a brief introduction
The .qpw file format is associated with Quatto Pro, a spreadsheet application that was developed by Borland, and is now sold by the Corel Corporation. Generally, Quatto Pro is bundled with Corel?s WordPerfect Office Suite.
.qpw files come under the category of Data files. A .qpw file may contain one or more spreadsheets and the data is stored in rows and columns, with each cell containing individual data – similar to the way data is stored in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
You can open a .qpw file in Windows using Corel Quatto Pro.
How to convert a .qpw file to the .xls format
There is limited support for the .qpw file format, which basically means that to open a qpw file you need to have Quatta Pro installed on your computer. If you receive a .qpw file as an email attachment, but don?t have Quatta Pro installed then you cannot use some other program, such as Microsoft Excel to open the file. While, it is possible to convert a .qpw file to the .xls (format used by Excel), by nature .qpw files are not directly compatible with Microsoft Office Applications.
Corel provides a trial version of WordPerfect Office, which you can download for free from Corel?s official website and use it to convert a .qpw file to the .xls format to view the file in Microsoft Excel.
To convert a .qpw file, perform the following steps:
- Download and install Corel WordPerfect trial version.
- Launch Quatto Pro.
- Click the File menu and then click Open.
- Browse to the location where the .qpw file that you want to open is located, and click Open.
- Click the File menu and then click Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, click the File Type drop-down menu and select Microsoft Excel 97/2000/2002/2003.
- Select the location where you want to save the file and feed the desired name for the file.
- Click the Save button.
If for some reason, you are unable to open a .qpw file using Launch Quatto Pro then you may use FileCure to view the desired file. FileCurer is widely accepted as the best file opener program for Windows and can open nearly all file types, as well as fix file extension errors.