What is the .gbi file extension?
The .gbi file type is the default file format of gBurner, which is a popular CD/DVD burning and file processing software for Windows from gBurner Systems, Inc.
gBurner is used for creating and burning data/audio CDs and DVDs, for making bootable CDs and DVDs, creating multisession discs. As gBurner is also a disc image file processing software, Windows users can use it for opening, creating, editing, extracting, converting and burning ISO/BIN image files.
The gBurner software is known to support CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-R DL, and DVD-RAM discs.
.gbi files come under the category of Disk Image files and the mime type is application/octet-stream.
Name of the program that you can use to open .gbi files in Windows:
Advantages of using the .gbi file format
There are two distinct advantages of using the .gbi file format instead of an ISO Image or other CD/DVD image for backing up a CD/DVD.
- As the .gbi file format is a compressed format, the raw CD/DVD data is compressed. As a result, the size of the image file is small.
- The .gbi file format provides security features, such as password protection and data encryption. You can use the .gbi file format to backup your private CD/DVD and for transferring data over the Internet.
How to convert .gbi files to ISO images
To convert a .gbi file to an ISO image, perform the following steps:
- Open gBurner
- Next, in the project list, click Copy and then click Convert Image.
- Select the .gbi file that you want to convert as the input image file.
- Select ISO as the output image file format.
- Type the name of the file and select its location.
- Click OK.
I am unable to open a .gbi file on my Windows computer. What should I do?
The above behavior may occur when either the .gbi file you are trying to view is corrupt or file openers on your Windows computer are damaged. To fix the issue, we recommend you give FileCure a try. FileCure is a reliable file extension repair tool that not only allows users to open, edit, or save various file types, but also helps in fixing file extension errors.